Pages

Friday, August 26, 2016

My Idea For Improving EVE

I'm not sure why, but a lot of people are floating ideas on how to improve EVE. The CSM is running town halls and focus groups looking for ideas and feedback to take with them to the upcoming summit in Reykjavik. A lot of people love to spend hours and hours telling CCP how to design their game. I'm not really sure why. I tried once and the experience is something I don't think I'd try again. I think I'll just sit and snipe from the sidelines once I see the changes appear on either Singularity or Tranquility.

I will make one exception. Something extremely obvious is missing from the game. Festival launchers for citadels. Seriously, citadels could look something like this:



Okay, the citadel wouldn't look exactly like this. The art department does not approve of pink in EVE. But we know we need citadel sized festival launchers.

Citadel festival launchers are such an obvious idea that I don't feel out-of-place discussing them. I have the feeling we may see them come out at the end of November or perhaps early December. I do have one desire for a citadel festival launcher. I'd really like to see an area of effect snowball round, kind of like the point defense system AoE. I don't know if an AoE firework is practical. Based on my experience in Signal Cartel Hug Fleets, the amount of fireworks going off could affect people's graphics cards.

So that's my idea for improving EVE. With any luck, we may see them appear in the not so distant future. Now, if we could only get snowball blueprints...

No comments:

Post a Comment