Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

EverQuest 2 Going Free To Play

I'm not really sure how I feel about SOE's announcement that EverQuest 2 is opening up Free To Play (F2P) servers.  The one thing I can say is that if a player like myself wants to have all the crafting classes on one account, it is a lot cheaper to purchase the F2P Platinum plan ($200/year) than to pay for a Station Access account ($30/month, or $360/year).  I'll be interested to see if SOE adds 2-3 slots to a regular EQ2 account.  If they do, then EQ2 is attractive to me again.  Of course, I could wait until the population base on the subscription servers becomes small enough that they are merged onto the F2P servers.  Why would I think that?  Because the 14-day free trial is going to be cancelled and I think most new players will start on the F2P servers.

Interesting times are ahead for my former gaming home for 3 1/2 years.

1 comment:

  1. Nah I guess I would save my time to play other games, they have free to play features but very restricted so whats the use, just be teased by premium members and let you subscribe?! In fact there’s lot of games launching this year and early next year so I guess just spent my time on SC2 and WOW.

    ReplyDelete