Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Vacation: CCP Changes My Plans

I got home from work early this morning after working another 15 hour day with the knowledge that I was now on vacation. So I logged into Eve to set the next skill for Wandering Rose and ... OH NOES! The Tyrannis expansion is delayed one week.

Now, I know that planning a vacation to coincide with the release of an MMO expansion is always a risky thing to do. But the news that planetary interaction is delayed until June 8th really hurt. Why? Because I am traveling to Bulgaria from May 30th to June 12th to conduct some training in our Sofia office and will not have access to Eve during that time. So I will miss the initial land rush.

I am not buying a new gaming laptop just for this trip. Unless the powers that be decide my future involves roaming the planet, getting a gaming laptop doesn't make a lot of sense right now. Not that I don't want one, but I think I can manage on the two desktops I currently have. And if the 60 hour weeks continue, I can even afford a good one in a few months.

I have to admit I'm not completely heartbroken by this turn of events. I do have to do some real life tasks over the next week (like buy luggage and learn the Cyrillic alphabet) so diving into the expansion won't be a distraction from getting them accomplished. Also, I have a couple of things I want to do in game as well and not playing with PI will help me accomplish those goals this week. And I guess the new systems will have bugs that I (hopefully) won't experience by not diving into the content on day 1. But really, those reasons are just putting a good spin on a less than optimal situation. I want to play Tyrannis!



No comments:

Post a Comment